Saturday 9 January 2010

Happy new year!!! LOLZ, etc.



My new years resolutions are as follows:

  1. Eat less junk.
  2. Write 500 words a day on anything, specifically fiction.
  3. Attempt more than one blog post per month.

So far I am failing miserably on all fronts, last night I had fried chicken and chips for dinner followed by a 4am burger and chips. I have thus far written zero fiction since the fictitious people in my head seemed to have jumped ship on me. I suppose I am keeping up with the blog, but that was tacked on about two minutes ago to make me feel better about myself and to be fair the last post, whilst a legitimate entry, was pretty weak since it only contained about eight words and the picture had already been whored pretty heavily on facebook.

Other aims for this year include:
  1. Making some lame short films about nothing.
  2. Spending more time outside, literally.
  3. Get back into reading.

Since starting my degree I have learned that it is never good to mix work with something you actually enjoy. I can say this with 100% conviction since this is attempt number two in the higher education system. Whilst I do thoroughly enjoy what I am learning, the joy of reading has been totally demolished by the amount of course reading I have to do, the last time I optionally read a book was about a year ago and I am yet to finish it. Sadface. FYI it was The Unlimited Dream Company by J. G. Ballard and whilst I think he is one of the finest authors this country has ever produced it is depressing how repetitive and unimaginative (by his standards) the novel actually is.

Anyway, enough of being emo about myself, it is now time to get on with the importance that is nothing whilst listening to pop-punk and pretending it's summer even though it's snowing and apparently minus ten degrees outside.


Peace out (that's a 90s expression and now officially vintage).

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment